The CAD Process
Six Steps to Create Your Perfect Piece...
1. Pop into The Jewellery Studio and have a chat with Katharine Daniel, CAD Designer, and Roger Williams, Diamond Specialist, who will carefully listen to your ideas and advise you on what style and design will work best for you.
2. Once Katharine is happy she has all the information she needs, she will create a CAD design of your jewellery piece that will be presented to you as Precision Drawings and 3D Photo Quality Images which showcase your piece from different angles. If you want any tweaks or changes made to your design, Katharine can make the necessary changes until you are completely happy with your piece.
3. As soon as we have your approval to proceed to casting, your CAD image will be converted into a wax model and cast in your chosen precious metal at a Birmingham casting company.
4. Your casting will be sent for hallmarking in the Birmingham Assay Office.
5. After Hallmarking, your jewellery piece will be sent to our WorkShop Team, where it will be carefully filed, polished and any diamonds or gemstones will be expertly set.
6. You will be contacted by a member of the Jewellery Studio Team with the exciting news that your piece is finished and ready for collection!
Of course we would love to meet you in person, but if you are unable to make it to the Jewellery Studio, we will be more than happy to complete the CAD process through email and telephone correspondance.
Click here to see a selection of recent CAD designs.