At the Jewellery Studio we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of your personal information. We are Brilliant Cuts Ltd No.5277552 trading as the Jewellery Studio. VAT Reg. 840435741
How do we collect information from you?
- If we take in a piece of your jewellery for repair, or accept a commission from you, we will ask you for your contact details, i.e name, telephone no & email address. We will only ask for your address if we are posting work to you, or if it is necessary to prepare a valuation document for you.
- If we take a credit/debit card payment from you in store or over the telephone, your card will be processed through the credit card machine. We do not retain this sensitive information in store – it is collected by our third party payment processors who specialise in the secure processing of debit/credit card transactions .
- To confirm, if your credit/debit card details are taken over the telephone, they will be entered directly into the credit card machine and NOT written down or stored by us.
How is your information used?
- The personal information we collect will only be used by us to contact you directly, or for the payment of goods & services.
Who has access to your information?
- We may pass on your basic information (i.e. name and contact details) to sub-contractors employed by us in the completion of your commission/repair (this would include external specialists such as stone setters or platers, for example). We only ever disclose the minimum necessary personal information to any such third parties
- We will NOT release your personal information to any third parties for use in their own direct marketing activities, unless requested to do so by law (for example, by a court order for the purposes of prevention of fraud or any other crime).
We do not currently conduct any e-marketing. Should this change in the future, our valued customers will be sent an email prior to any advertising materials giving them the opportunity to opt out of any such correspondence.
Reading this policy or using this website with your browser set to accept cookies, confirms that you accept this policy. If you have visited this website with cookies disabled then some of the functionality of this website may not operate as designed.
Information Regarding Cookies
To enhance your experience on our site, some of our pages use “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that we store in your computer’s browser to house your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personal information unless you choose to provide this information to us through, for example, contacting us via our website.
Please be aware that if you do not change the configuration of your browser then you will automatically accept cookies provided by this website.
Our Use of Browser Cookies
For Statistics – Anonymously tracking page visits, hits, search terms, visitor locations etc. for statistical purposes, which help us improve our services.
For Security – Increasing security on our website to prevent fraudulent activity and protect your personal information
For User Experience – Improving user experience such as personalised welcome messages
If you have further concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
We will keep this policy in regular review. This policy was last updated 24 May 2018.